{Deck the Halls} Using the Merry & Bright Page Kit

 Hello again scrappy friends! Lacey here with another page using the "Merry & Bright" Page Kit! I have been so thrilled with working with this kit, I get so excited to see my layouts come together I sometimes squeal!!! 


I usually like to stick to traditional colors for Christmas pages but there is something about this kit that I just couldn't resist. It's traditional with just a little funk! I love all the mix of pink and blue added in there. 


I started my page with some mixed media on a solid white background. I used the "Distress Oxide Ink" to add some texture with a stencil. Next I decided I wanted to use lots of the patterned papers so I cut some tags from all of them using some tag dies from my stash, overlapping them and adding dimensional foam to the center so the popped off the page. 


I used lots of the pieces of the ephemera to such in and around the tags to fill in some white space, plus I just adore those large ornament die cuts! I kept my clusters in groups of 3's to keep your eye moving around the page. 


To mat my photo I cut a piece from the cut apart sheet and since it was a bit too thin I cut it down the center and attached it to the top and bottom of my photo so it would appear to be wider than it was. 


The title piece is also cut from the cut apart sheet. That piece is such a versatile piece! I couldn't call it complete without adding some twine to my tags, so I pulled that from the "Holiday Baking" kit! 

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you in some way to get those special Holiday memories on paper! Please follow along on our Facebook page and share your projects using the following hashtags: #njfb #notjustforboyskitclub #Merryandbrightpagekit (or whatever kit you are using!) Till next time, happy scrapping y’all!









Comments

Popular Posts