{First Haircut} Using the “Rad” Limitless Kit

 


Hello Everyone! Jessica here, and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the Rad Limitless Kit! This kit was perfect to document a photo of my son’s first haircut! To be completely honest, I find it hard to scrap large photos and that’s why I’ve been holding off scrapping this one. I printed it as a large photo collage and wasn’t sure what I wanted to do with it, until now!



I started this layout by pulling out a sheet of textured white cardstock, as I wanted to do some stamping around my photo. I added border strips at the top and bottom of my page using one of the lovely Paper Rose Studio papers from the kit, and I distressed those edges with my edge distresser. I die cut some starts from Elle’s Studio dies and my BigShot Manual Die Cutting machine from some of the other patterned papers in the kit and added a few in the top corner, along with a “documented” tab I made with a stamp and my date stamp beside it.


I stamped phrases from various Elle’s Studio stamp sets all around my photo collage with Black Archival Ink. I added some of the acrylics from the kit add-ons with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive and I even added a ziploc baggie of his little locks of hair by stapling it to the top right corner. Those blonde curls! Did I mention I am a hairdresser too? Yep! I’m so glad I get to share these moments with my kids performing their first haircut!

I filled in the areas with little stars and phrases from the Paper Rose die cut pack and added more acrylic pieces. I just love those circle acrylics!


 Lastly, I added one of those amazing puffy stars and sequins from the kit!

I have a process video on my YouTube if you'd like to watch:



Feel free to share your projects with this kit on our {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community Facebook group or Instagram using the #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #rad (or whatever kit you are using) tags! 


Thank you for joining me today and I hope I have inspired you to create something beautiful!

Jessica 



 



Comments

Popular Posts