{Captured Moments} Using the “Wild Adventure” Page Kit

 


Hello everyone! Jessica here, with another layout for this month using the “Wild Adventure” Page Kit! I’ve chosen to document some fun zoo photos from a trip to the Pittsburgh Zoo back in 2021. My boys were so little! 


I started this layout by pulling out a sheet of Vicki Boutin Foundation paper, and activating my Shimmerz pots by adding some water to them. I then grabbed my paintbrush and water and began applying the Shimmerz to my paper in two sections to go around my three photos, which I’ve matted with some smooth white cardstock from the kit. I applied both colors of the Shimmerz Paintz to create a watercolor look and dried it with my heat gun. I then flicked on some splatters and dried those as well.

I layered my photos with the giraffe paper from the kit and distressed the edges. I then added another layer behind them using the blue paper from the kit and a border punch from my stash to make it look like a tablet at the bottom. I really love how that turned out!


Next, I added an acrylic title from ColorCast Designs that says Captured and I also added some alphas from the kit to say Moments underneath. I then watered down some acrylic paint and flicked on some white splatters with my paintbrush. I did a bit of journaling underneath and added my date stamp as well using some black archival ink. I added some notches to the top and bottom of my layout and then folded them back to add scraps of patterned paper from the mini paper pad. The sweet little giraffe I added was from the sticker sheet in the kit.


I cut apart one of the squares from the small paper pad and created some cute little signs to lay at the top of my photos, popping a couple of them up with some Gina K Shaker Strips. Lastly, I added some sequins from the kit add-ons with the Nuvo Deluxe glue and also added some thread and a canvas flair by Scrappin Happy Studio. I just love how sweet this layout is!

I have a process video on my YouTube if you'd like to watch:

 


Feel free to share your projects with this kit on our {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community Facebook group or Instagram using the #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #wildadventure (or whatever kit you are using) tags! 
Thank you for joining me today and I hope I have inspired you to create something beautiful!
Jessica 

 





Comments

Popular Posts