{Sweet Summer} Using the “Sizzling Summer” Page Kit

 


Hello everyone! Jessica here, sharing a layout today using the “Sizzling Summer” Page Kit to document photos of my son enjoying some watermelon at the amusement park because yes, I’m that mom that packs watermelon in the cooler basically everywhere we go. When my kids are at the amusement park they never want to eat or drink, so this is a great way to get some liquids into them!

I started this layout by grabbing a sheet of the white cardstock from the kit and some stamps from my stash to create some mixed media on my background but I didn’t really care for it so I covered it all up anyhow with my hexagons. I pulled the patterned papers from the kit and die cut them with my Echo Park Hexagon stitched dies and nested a couple together to cut a frame to make shaker pockets with the beautiful sequins that come in the add-ons for this kit. Check out my YouTube to see how the shaker pockets came together.


I matted my photos with the other piece of smooth white cardstock from the kit and then with the patterned papers I had left from die cutting my hexagons. I placed the hexagons in a vertical layout to go with this sketch by Jenessa from Paper Issues.



 I ended up doing two shaker pockets and then pulled the summer cardstock cut from the shop and created am ombre effect with saltwater taffy and candied apple distress inks and my blending brushes. I splattered them with water and then with white gesso to create a marbled effect.


I added the alpha letters from the kit to finish off my title and then added  few stickers from the sticker sheet in the kit and a chipboard watermelon. I even added one of the summertime acrylic pieces with my Nuvo glue from the shop as well. I thought it finished off the top of my photos nicely! I tucked in a border punched strip to the left side of my photos for balance and I did some paper tearing and stamping on the sides of my layout, backing the torn edges with more of the patterned papers. I really only used about 5 inch strips of the patterned papers for this whole layout so I have a lot left for other layouts. I could easily get at least 4-5 layouts from this kit!



I finished it off by adding some journaling to the top right of the design and some enamel dots from my stash that matched perfectly! I also added some splatters with some gold shimmer spray by Kaisercraft and Evergreen Bough Distress Oxide Spray.

Watch the Sweet Summer Process Video on my Youtube


Feel free to share your projects with this kit on our {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community Facebook group or Instagram using the #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #sizzlingsummer(or whatever kit you are using) tags! 

Thank you for joining me today and I hope I have inspired you to create something beautiful!

Jessica 




Comments

Popular Posts