{Explore} Using the “Travelogue” Limitless Kit

 


Hello everyone! Jessica here, sharing my third layout using the “Travelogue” Limitless kit to document some photos of my son on his favorite helicopter ride at our frequent amusement park spot! I think he rode this ride no less than 20 times that day as the park wasn’t that busy and the lines weren’t long. We like to take off work and go during the week when it isn’t as crowded and the kids enjoy it more. I just love this kit for documenting fun photos like this. I honestly didn’t think I would use the airplanes and flying themed elements until I remembered I had these photos! I think it worked out perfectly and I still have so much left in this kit even after getting 3 whole layouts out of it. I could easily do at least 4 more and still have embellishments left!




I started my layout by pulling out two of the patterned papers from the kit and cutting the one sheet of 49 and Market paper down to create a white “frame” around three sides, tucking it close to the top. I ripped the bottom edge and ruffed up the edges and then did the same with the second blue sheet of patterned paper I taped to the bottom/back of it. I cut my photos down some so they would match up nicely since one of my photos was landscape orientation and the other two were portrait. I usually don’t mix them like this but I really wanted to get all three photos on this layout. I matted them with smooth white cardstock and then again with the scraps I have left in this kit, distressing those edges with my edge distresser.


Next, I added lots of layers with the embellishments from the kit, including using my Nuvo liquid glue from the shop to glue down some of those sweet clouds! I thought they were just perfect on this flying layout! Originally I had planned to use them on a baby layout, which they would work well for too! I tucked bits and pieces on both sides of my photos and some below my photo as well. I added my title acrylic piece “Explore” and glued it down with the Nuvo glue as well. I then did some machine stitching to tie in the gap between the wordy bits and the embellishments I tucked into the bottom.



I finished it off by adding some sequins by the plane! I have a process video on my YouTube if you’d like to see this one come together!



Feel free to share your projects with this kit on our {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community Facebook group or Instagram using the #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #travelogue(or whatever kit you are using) tags! 

Thank you for joining me today and I hope I have inspired you to create something beautiful!

Jessica 


Comments

Popular Posts