{Adventure Awaits} Using the Travelogue Limitless Kit

Hello, creative friends. Miss Carrie here, and I'm excited to share with you my latest creation. I've put together a fantastic summer travel scrapbook layout using a variety of components from the Travelogue Limitless kit.


These photos were taken in southern Colorado, where the soil has a deep brick-red hue. One of the patterns in the kit is a rust-colored print, making it the ideal choice for my background pattern.

Before adding layers of ephemera I applied a brick pattern using grit paste and a stencil to replicate the stone features in my photos. I stitched several pieces from the Everywhere Ephemera Bits together to layer over the brick backdrop. 


The grid design featured my photos in the center of the page, complemented by a simple title. I incorporated various tags, labels, and foam stickers throughout the layout. 

I intentionally chose a complementary color palette of orange and blue to emphasize the people in the photos. To add a touch of delicacy to the page, I nestled a couple of floral foam stickers amidst the embellishment clusters. This helped to balance out the overall composition.


You will also notice that I created a balance of horizontal and vertical elements. With such a larger vertical element behind the photos, I needed to bring in horizontal pieces. Using both horizontal and vertical elements guides the eye through the design.

One of my favorite elements is the acrylic arrow at the top. Directional arrows and chevrons are a clever way to create flow and point out focal points on a page.

If you are interested, I have a process video for this page which you can view on my YouTube channel. 

I hope that today's project inspired you and gave you a few ideas for using this new collection. Please share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #travelogue (or whatever kit you are using) and on our Facebook group {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community.  I can't wait to see what you create! 





Comments

Popular Posts