{Garage Guys} Using the “Burnished” Limitless Kit

 


Hello everyone! Jessica here, sharing another layout using the “Burnished” Limitless kit to some photos of my kiddos playing in our garage with their daddy! They love having their garage time when mommy has scrappy time!


I started my layout by pulling out a sheet of plain white cardstock and the Caio Bella stencil that came in this kit. I added the branding strip of striped blue paper to the top and cut a strip of the wood paper for the bottom. I applied the one portion of the stencil with the wheel design by using my blending brush with distress oxide in weathered wood, taping off the edges with Thermoweb Pixie Tape so I didn’t get any other part of the stencil or run off the edges.


I then proceeded with lots of stamping using stamps from my stash, mostly Elle’s Studio. I stamped with distressed oxides in black soot, uncharted mariner and speckled egg. I stamped two sections of my layout in vertical designs so my photos could sit on top. I layered my photos from scraps I had leftover from other layouts from this kit, and even added a layer of vellum from my stash. I also added that adorable embellishment from one of the embellishment packs- What happens in the garage, stays in the garage! So perfect for this layout and all my boys' mischievous adventures!


 I grabbed the chipboard pieces from Mintay Papers and pulled off several wrenches. I then dabbed them with Versamark ink, sprinkled them with gunpowder embossing powder by Ranger and heated it up with my heat gun to create a metal effect on them! I just love how those turned out and they look so real! I finished this one off with my title “Garage Guys” and some splatters with the Nuvo spray from this kit and the smoke one from a previous kit!


Feel free to share your projects with this kit on our {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community Facebook group or Instagram using the #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #burnished (or whatever kit you are using) tags! 

Thank you for joining me today and I hope I have inspired you to create something beautiful!

Jessica 



 



Comments

Popular Posts