{Enjoy Life} Using the “Burnished” Limitless Kit

 



Hello everyone! Jessica here, sharing a layout using the “Burnished” Limitless kit to document this photo of my parents on this little mini bike! My mom and dad met while in their teens but went to different schools and my mom used to ride her mini bike to my dad’s house all the time without her parents knowing! It’s quite cute to know how they snuck around to see each other and now they both have mini bikes again to ride around.



I started my layout by pulling out the sheet of paper that looks like diamondback metal and cut the gears background cutfile by Peartree Cutfiles with my Cricut cutting machine. I splattered my background with some Nuvo Mica Mists from the kit and a previous kit and then adhered the gears to a sheet of white cardstock that I cut down to 11.25”x11.25”. I then rounded the corners of my white paper using one of the round embellishments from the die cut pack as a guide and traced around it to get my rounded corner shape. After I trimmed off those corners I distressed the edges with my edge distresser.


I went to work on my title cutfile by NJFB that comes in white cardstock and I wanted to make it black to match my layout. I grabbed my black soot distress oxide ink and a blending brush and blended the oxide ink to my cutfile. I almost forgot to do the dot for the j! I then flicked some water on it with a paintbrush and dried it quickly with paper towel to create a marbled effect. Next, I pulled out my Embossing dauber by Ranger that I dabbed on the bottom of the title and sprinkled embossing powder on it. Once I heated that up with my heat gun it looked like gunmetal and super cool! I think I managed to bring in that grungy feel to the title to match the rest of the layout. I placed it below my photo, which I’ve layered with a paper from the small paper pad in the kit.


I finished it off by adding a bunch of embellishments from the die cuts and by fussy cutting some from the sheet of “tools” in the small paper pad. I am actually going to use all my papers up from this kit WAY before I use all these embellishments, and it’s usually the other way around for me.

I have a process video on my YouTube channel if you'd like to see how this came together!


 

Feel free to share your projects with this kit on our {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community Facebook group or Instagram using the #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #burnished (or whatever kit you are using) tags! 

Thank you for joining me today and I hope I have inspired you to create something beautiful!

Jessica 


Comments

Popular Posts