{Snow Day} Using the “Keepin’ Cozy” Page Kit

 


Hello everyone! Jessica here, sharing my third layout using the “Keepin’ Cozy” page kit and this layout is about my son playing in what was left of our snow/mud in spring of 2021! I really love the colors in this kit and it goes perfectly with my photos!


I started this layout with a sheet of Vicki Boutin Foundations paper as I had a mixed media and stamping itch that I needed to scratch on this one! I grabbed a grungy stamp that looked like paint splotches and added some Speckled Egg distress oxide ink to it and then took my watered down flat paintbrush to it and smudged it around my page on a vertical shape behind where my photos will sit. I then went to town with stamping all kinds of snowflakes, and grungy bits from my stash, even some fireworks that I love that just look like starbursts. I used Uncharted Mariner and Black Soot distress oxides for these.

 


I matted my photos with the smooth white cardstock from the kit and then some of the scraps of papers I had leftover from my other layouts I did this month with it. I distressed those edges and adhered them to my page, on top of a couple of the film strips. I also added some splatters with the mica mist and shimmerz from the kit.



I finished it off by adding some of the wood snowflakes and some die cuts and thread behind my title die cut. I also added some of the flat back sequins from the shop and stamped my date a few times at the bottom. I just love all this stampy goodness!

I have a process video on my YouTube channel if you'd like to watch exactly how this came together!

 


Feel free to share your projects with this kit on our {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community Facebook group or Instagram using the #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #keepincozy (or whatever kit you are using) tags! 

Thank you for joining me today and I hope I have inspired you to create something beautiful!

Jessica







Comments

Popular Posts