{Beach Day} Using the Beach House Page Kit

Hello, crafting friends!  Miss. Carrie here with a lovely layout I designed with the Beach House page kit.  This fantastic collection is still available in the NJFB shop and is ideal for recording those memories of your holiday on the beach.  


This vertical page design allows you to display multiple photos.  Mine are sized at 2" x 3¾" so that I could show off more of the beach and ocean in the background, but you could easily use 2x2 photos instead and get even more memories on the page. 

The prints behind the photos are from additional NJFB kits that I had in my supply.  I am attempting to use up my kit collection before the new year begins, and the patterns from the Brilliance and Epic page kits matched perfectly.


I also used a few letter stickers in my cache.  The wood grain thickers from the Limitless kit are some of my favorites and I like how they bring a natural element to the page. 

The title spans the length of the page so that your eye flows down from photo to photo.  This is a great way to make your memories the focus of the layout. 


Around each of the photos, I stamped some burlap-colored circles and layered die cuts and page cuts near the words of the title.  A few of these pieces were cut from the Mintay cut-apart sheet in the Beach House kit while others are from the Simple Vintage Costal pack.  

If you are planning on grabbing the Beach House kit, the vintage collection of die cuts is a great add-on.  I selected items that pertained to our visit to the beach, but there are many elements for island vacations or trips to the lake.


I especially liked all the different textures and colors in the pack.  They allowed me to create some great contrast and add some additional colors to my page. 

To finish off this design, I added flat-back pearls from the Beach House kit and a few wood grain heart die cuts.  Little details like this are a great way to give your project a little extra pizzazz. 


If you are interested, I have a process video for this page which you can view on my YouTube channel

I hope that today's project inspired you and gave you a few ideas for using this new collection. Please share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #beachhouse (or whatever kit you are using) and on our Facebook group {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community.  I can't wait to see what you create! 

Comments

Popular Posts