{Road Trip Vacay} Using the "Hit the Road" Page Kit


Hello Everyone, Jennifer here to share my third layout of the month. This time using the {Hit the Road} Page Kit. This is a double 8 1/2x11 layout for my childhood album. 


When I first saw this kit I thought about these photos from a family vacation that I could include on this layout. My mom was very good at putting photos into albums from our childhood unfortunately it was the old magnetic style album. These photos are from 1978. I am the youngest girl in the photos. I have a few other layouts from the same trip and the have journaling. 


I started with fussy cutting the USA shape since we drove from Colorado to Washington for this trip. With three children ages 9, 7 and 3 we stopped along the way to explore and stretch our legs.


For the background I tore the cloud paper and cut the circle pattern paper in half and attached them together. I choose lots of stickers from the sticker sheet choosing larger and smaller sizes. I matted all 5 photos including two of them a double mat. Matting your photos makes them stand off the pattern paper background using different colors helps move your eyes to each photo. Adding in flatback pearls from the kit for finishing touches. 

Feel free to follow me on Instagram, I am ScrappinCain over there and try to post layouts daily. Please share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #hittheroad (or whichever kit you are working with) and on our FaceBook group {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community

Comments

Popular Posts