{The Dark Side} Using the “A Galaxy Far, Far Away” Deluxe Theme Kit

Hi everyone! I’m back this month using the super fun“A Galaxy Far, Far Away” Deluxe Theme Kit for this layout. I also played along with the group challenge this month and scraplifted the talented Meridy Twilling’s beautiful layout. 


It’s so beautiful! It almost made me wish I had a flowery kit to use with it, but I found a great way to use this space-themed kit and make it work. 


This color combo is a bit out of my comfort zone, but I am in love with how it turned out. I used the full sheet with the big circles on it with the Star Wars washi tape and a very thin strip of the orange paper at the bottom to mimic Meridy’s layout. 


In lieu of flowers clustered around my photo, I used some silver paint through the starburst stencil with some acrylic stars and sequins as a cluster at the bottom corner of my photo. The Kylo Ren dimensional sticker really topped it off. 


I used a couple of the word stickers from the sticker sheet as a title and subtitle. I also used a piece of the {Not} Just for Boys package backing on my layout using the grid side to help break up all the blue. Some more acrylic stars and some sequins finished off this corner of my layout. 


Meridy’s layout had a tag and I really wanted to include one on my layout too, so I made my own out of an interesting piece of one of the patterned papers. With a couple of tiny word stickers, a length of twine and a scrap of washi from my stash, I feel like it pulled my page together. 


There are so many cute elements to this kit. I can’t wait to create with it again! 

Please go find us on the {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Facebook Community and show us what you are creating with these kits. You can also share on Instagram using the hashtag #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #agalaxyfarfaraway (or whatever kit you are working with)

See you again soon! 

Joy

Comments

Popular Posts