{Good Vibes Only} using the July 2021 "Oasis" Premium Kit

Hello again my friends! I am back with a layout using the fabulous “Oasis” Premium Kit. I am loving the dreamy colors in this kit for this picture of my daughter and her cousin. 


For my background, I started tearing the wavy paper and layered it on some cream colored cardstock. I felt that it needed a frame of sorts, so I cut it down a half inch on each side and put a terra cotta colored piece of cardstock behind it. 


I layered some patterned paper pieces behind my photo and then I trimmed a couple of the cactus/flower ephemera pieces and layered them together in a little cluster. 


I used the backside of the note from Paula and Meridy that came with my kit as a journaling card. I tied some of the embroidery floss into a bow next to my journaling and added a cactus die cut. 


I wanted a little cluster down in the lower right corner of my layout, so I started layering ephemera pieces. I wanted to use this cute wooden cactus too. Embarrassingly enough, I had a hard time figuring out how to only remove part of the masking so that I could color the outline on the cactus green. I eventually figured it out and used a marker to color in the lines. A small touch, but totally worth it. 


The “good vibes only” puffy phrase just seemed like the perfect title to me. I think it suits these girls. I used some of the peach Finishing Touches to literally add the finishing touch to my layout. 

Thanks for swinging by to take a look at my layout! I am having a blast with this kit. If you are creating with any of the {Not} Just for Boys kits this month, please share with us over on the {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community on Facebook. I love seeing everyone’s creations over there. You can also share on Instagram with the following hashtags: #njfb #notjustforboyskitclub #oasis

See you next time! 

Comments

Popular Posts