{These Rocks Rock!} Using February's Premium Kit

Hey everyone!  I am here with my second layout using February's premium kit, called "Wild."  I had this pictures of a collection of rocks that my daughter took to school for their unit on how rocks are formed and changed over time.  Her assignment was to walk around her neighborhood and collect rocks with different sizes, colors and textures.  We snapped a photo before she took them in.


I loved the background paper in the kit and knew this would be the perfect memory for the paper.  I love how textured it looks.  I used a strip of the large strip paper down the center and added in a scrap of paper from my stash that also has a rock-like texture.


For the title, I combined the small yellow alphas from the kit with some woodgrain Thickers from my stash.  I cut the die cut in half and layered it behind the photo.  I also LOVE the layered stickers from Vicky Boutin and it was the perfect layer on top of the layout.


I cut a square from one of the patterned papers for my journaling and layered the "Wild" wood veneer over the bottom of it.  The yellow ribbon was a nice little touch along the bottom of the photo for some texture.


I love the way this layout turned out.  The textured layers make it all very interesting and lends nicely to the photo.

If you want to watch my process for making this layout, you can watch it on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxqzVHgGP_c

Happy Scrapping!


Comments

Popular Posts