{Reading} using the "Journey the World" Deluxe Theme Kit

 Hello friends! This is Joy here to show you the fun I had this week using the "Journey the World" deluxe theme kit. Again, I don't travel much, but that doesn't stop me from loving all the beautiful travel products out there. Because we homeschool, I have lots of pictures of my kids reading. I believe that reading can really transport you to another world, so what better than a travel theme for my reading pictures? 

I got really excited about this idea I had in my head for the Carta Bella "Vintage Letters" paper. I looked at it and decided it would be fun to cut the little postcard pieces apart and use them as kind of a grid background. I cut them up and inked each of their edges. I adhered them to the top half of my page and added strips of both sides of the Bo Bunny "Memories" paper to the bottom of my layout. 


I decided on a long-ish quote about reading as my title and added the key, the wood veneer globe and some sequins and stickers from the sticker sheet. 

I am still in love with those ticket washi stickers, so I just had to add some to this layout. I tucked them under the top of my photo along with a tag from the ephemera pack.


I took an adventure sticker from the sticker sheet to use as an accent word. It went along with my theme of reading taking you into another world. A tab from the ephemera pack, an arrow sticker pointing at the book in the photo, and a few sequins from the coordinating sequin mix really finished off my layout. 

I hope you have enjoyed this closer look at the Deluxe Theme Kit this month. Please post your layouts on the {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Facebook page so we can all see your beautiful creations. You can also follow me over on Instagram at joybells_scraps. I would love to connect with you there. See you next month!

Comments

Popular Posts