{Two Peas In A Pod} Using the August 2020 "Dusk" Premium Kit

Hi Friends, Stace here!  I am here with my last layout for August. I found this photo and needed to get in in my son's album and thought that this kit would be perfect for it.  



I started off using the Heidi Swapp "Stories" Paper from the kit as the base of my layout. I had already cut a corner out of it, and thought I could just cover it up with an embellishment cluster. I thought the background needed a little bit more color so I mixed some of the Vicki Boutin Molding Paste  with some black soot distress oxide ink from my stash. I wanted to just add a little detail to the corner of the page, so I used this whimsical stripes background cut  that  I purchased from Whimsyfoxcrafts  on Etsy. I placed it on the Heidi Swapp paper and just used the background cut as a stencil. I love the imperfect imprint that the cut background cut left. 

                                   

I decided to use the circle cardstock cut from the kit and placed it behind my photo mat. I loved the look of this, and it gave my title a place to sit. I used the American Crafts "Happy Life" Foam Letter Stickers from the kit for my title. These are my favorite, I loved that there were so many letters.  



I decided to mount my photo on a black and white cardstock, along with a thick mat of the geometric pattern paper from the kit. I added a ticket from the Maggie Holmes Heritage Stationery Pack, along with a few NJFB Faux Leaves


This is the corner I needed to cover up, as I had used a small piece of the back side pattern on a previous layout. I added a few strips of pattern paper and this 'XOXO' pocket from the Maggie Holmes Heritage Stationery Pack. I grabbed a light gray cardstock to make a journal spot that would go inside and house my journaling. I did add a little bit of detail on the tag using the NJFB 3"x4" Exclusive "Dusk” Stamp Set , some versamark ink, and clear embossing powder from my stash. 


This layout came together pretty quickly. I love how it turned out with the molding paste. That wraps up my layout for today. Thank you for stopping by and taking a look at the "Dusk" Premium Kit this month.

If you're interested in watching my  process video check for this layout check out this link on Youtube: https://youtu.be/mooVQPppbKU

We would love to see what you are creating with this amazing kit. You can post on our Not Just For Boys Kit Club Community Facebook Page or on Instagram, be sure to tag us @notjustforboyskitclub


Comments

Popular Posts