{Father's Day Treats During Quarantine} Using the August 2020 "Dusk" Premium Kit

Hi Friends, Stace here!  I am here with my second layout for August. I was inspired to create this layout by a sketch from Alison Davis for Scrapbook Generations.  Y'all know I love hexagons and could not help but use them to complete this layout. 


I started off with a white piece of cardstock from my stash.  I started punching out all of my hexagons with a medium hexagon punch which is about 1 inch. I used the pattern papers from the kit for all of the hexagons.  Next, I figured out where I wanted my photos and then where my title and journaling would go.  Then I went to town on getting some sort of random pattern going on for the hexagon background. 


I ended up typing my journaling and glued it onto my layout. I felt like the area needed a little something, so I used the NJFB 3"x4" Exclusive "Dusk” Stamp Set with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink and added just a few ink splotches. 


On a few of my hexagons I used the hexagon stamp from the shop and stamped an outline.  I added a few of the random hexagons to fill in some white space. I also a few drops of Nuvo Drops along with the stamped ink splotches and a gold heart from my stash.


For my title, I used the American Crafts "Happy Life" Foam Letter Stickers that came in the kit along with some silver doodlebug letter stickers from my stash.  I used two colors of Nuvo Drops to finish off this layout. 

If you're interested in watching my very fist process video check out this link on Youtube: https://youtu.be/Kv1Oy3RjEDw

That wraps up my layout for today. Thank you for stopping by and taking a look at the "Dusk" Premium Kit this month.

We would love to see what you are creating with this amazing kit. You can post on our Not Just For Boys Kit Club Community Facebook Page or on Instagram, be sure to tag us @notjustforboyskitclub. 










Comments

Popular Posts