{Welcome Home} using "American Hero" Deluxe Theme Kit

Hello!!! Jennifer here, sharing my second layout for July using the "American Hero" Deluxe Theme Kit. This is an 8 1/2x11 landscape layout design.



This layout started out with this amazing patterned paper, I knew I wanted it as the background. I wanted to use photos of my niece welcoming her husband back home after his deployment.


I didn't want to cover the background, so I decided where the pictures were going keeping this in mind.   Next I grabbed the stencil and added in stars in the bottom right corner. I added in white splatters of paint throughout the page. I decided to mat the photos in the packaging grid background paper that came in the kit with the cut. I used the strips of fabric trim behind the photos. The silver stars I sprinkled throughout the layout are from my stash.


I moved over to the left side and decided I was going to hang the remaining three metal charms and the larger photo in that area. Again, I matted it on the packaging grid paper and popped it up.


The final touches on this layout were the title and year. I used stickers from the kit and left over thickers from a past kit for "HOME". I added another sliver star and then decided the top needed the wood veneer helicopter added. I painted the helicopter black/silver and the layout was complete.

Feel free to follow me on Instagram, I am ScrappinCain over there and post layouts daily.  Please share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram #notjustforboyskitclub and on our FaceBook group

Comments

Popular Posts