{Summer time Shenanigans} Using the July 2020 "Chill" Premium Kit

Hello scrappy friends, Stace here!  I am here with my first layout using the "Chill" Premium Kit for the month of July 2020.  I saw this kit and knew I had the perfect photos to go along with it. My Dad and son, on his trip to their house for the first time by himself. I was so happy to get a little bit of R & R while he was gone, but I realized that I missed him so much. Even though it was just for 7 days. As he has grown up, the length of time he goes each summer has gotten longer and longer. We all look forward to it every year.  These are my favorite photos of the two of them.  They were having so much fun just playing on the floor. 


I used a slate gray piece of cardstock as the starting point to this layout. I used the pattern paper in the kit to cut the letters to back the "summer" cardstock cut.  I used the "Summer" cut in addition to some small Thickers and some small tile stickers to make my title. 


I have been in the mood to use some of my border punches and cut this chevron from the patterned paper to create an embellishment cluster. I also used the Exclusive "Chill” Stamp Set to stamp the yellow circle with the black checker on top. I added a hexagon that was fussy cut from the reusable packaging, a tag from the Simple Stories Bro. & Co. Journal Bits, and the Carta Bella "Let It Snow" Enamel Dots to finish it off. 



I added a horizonal line using the NJFB Black and White Trim. I used another journaling tag from the kit, along with the stamp set, and enamel dots to embellish my journaling. I also added a small tag that says "love this kid!" to bring a little bit of color to this side of the page. 


I used the chevron punch again on the top of the page, and added a strip of the pattern paper from the kit to back it.


The top left corner needed one more embellishment cluster. I used a few tags from the  Simple Stories journal bits, along with the stamp set, and enamel dots to top it off. 


I love how this layout came together and was able to use almost all of the supplies in one way or another. 


That wraps up my layout for today. Thank you for stopping by and taking a look at the "Chill" Premium Kit this month.

We would love to see what you are creating with this amazing kit. You can post on our Not Just For Boys Kit Club Community Facebook Page or on Instagram, be sure to tag us @notjustforboyskitclub. 


Comments

Popular Posts