{Sparkle} Using the "American Hero" Deluxe Theme Kit

Hello!!! Jennifer here, sharing my third layout for July using the "American Hero" Deluxe Theme Kit. This is an 8 1/2x11 landscape layout design.





I was stumped and losing mojo for scrapbooking. When that happens I look through photos and find a cut file I like and try to create something with that. It worked! I love the way this layout turned out. The cut file is one I purchased from an online store called Cut To You.


I mixed up some milk paint that came in the kit and used that on the background, then I dded in gold splatters. I knew at this point I wanted to use the red and blue woodgrain paper to back my cutfile.  I knew the last word was going to be in gold. I matted my photos in the woodgrain and used deckle scissors to cut the edges to make it look like a fence and add detail.


I still had the wood veneer pieces left to use, so I painted those grayish, since they are wood they kind of look gold-ish too. Either way, they worked for me. I added in some leftover gold stars from a past kit. The cut file was white, but I don't do well with white backgrounds so I painted the cut file black to make it pop and added foam behind only the words, and then lightly tacked down the stars. That is my final layout for this month.  Thanks for looking!



Feel free to follow me on Instagram, I am ScrappinCain over there and post layouts daily.  Please share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram #notjustforboyskitclub and on our FaceBook group

Comments

Popular Posts