{A Pirate's Life} using "Pirate’s Booty" Deluxe Theme Kit

Hello!!! Jennifer here, sharing my third layout for June using the "Pirate’s Booty" Deluxe Theme Kit. This is a 8 1/2x11 layout design.


Sometimes you have the perfect pictures to go with a theme kit. My oldest son wanted to be a pirate for Halloween one year. This was one of my favorite photos that I took of him. He wanted these fake nasty gold teeth, he let me put make up on him and he wore a wig. Pirates of the Caribbean was a big deal at this time too.

For the background I picked a couple of patterned papers. The red made the photo pop. Then I used the greenish paper and the skulls paper.  For the background I used a paper from my stash that has black stripes that look like they are painted on. 


I chose pieces of chipboard to highlight my photo. I peeled layers off the back to make them thinner and also so I could layer then on top of each other to make clusters.


I used a brad and the tiny chipboard skulls and wheels to add small details. I added a piece of washi tape for another layer and that exclusive red rubber skull to finish it off.
 

Feel free to follow me on Instagram, I am ScrappinCain over there and post layouts daily.  Please share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram #notjustforboyskitclub and on our FaceBook group.

Comments

Popular Posts