{Odyssey of the Mind} Using March's Premium Kit

Hi everyone!  Sarah here with a layout using March's premium kit.  I made a layout documenting my daughter's favorite school activity, Odyssey of the Mind.  It's a creative club where they get prompts of a problem to solve and they create a skit and props to act out their solution.  They compete for it and she loved it so much.


I decided to use my favorite paper from the kit, the blue with distressed edges.  It really brings out the blue in their shirts.  The red pops from the die cut pack also help bring out the red octopus hat that one of the girls is wearing in the picture.


The only thing on this layout that wasn't included in the kit was the smaller alphabet stickers.  All of the embellishments are in the kit.  I did also use some Tim Holtz distress ink to help the busy papers stand out from each other.  That's from my stash as well.  I used the blue buttons and sequins just like I would use enamel dots.


I love the Heidi Swapp sticker book that's in the kit.  It helped add a little extra to that embellishment and I love the metallic look.  The strip at the bottom of the blue paper is a branding strip from one of the papers in the kit.


I love the way this layout turned out.  I finally used some Heidi Swapp ColorShine on a layout again!  I used to do that all the time, but I haven't done it in a while.  I love the little pop of shine and shimmer it adds to the layout.

Thank you for joining me today.  I hope you enjoy the layout and that you're using up your kits this month!

If you want to see my process for this layout, it's up on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NukEVKH9cu4

Happy Scrapping!

Comments

Popular Posts