{Yikes I Can't Even} Using the Offbeat Limitless Kit

Hello, crafting friends! It's Miss Carrie and I'm here with another scrapbook project for you to try. This unique design was created with the awesome new Offbeat Limitless kit. The elements in this kit are perfect for your teen pages. 

This scrapbook layout was inspired by the monthly sketch in the {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club community.  Each month, Meridy creates an amazing design for you to use. 

Scrapbook sketches are meant to inspire. You can either use them as they are or select elements you like and incorporate them into your layout. Let me share what inspired me from this sketch and how I incorporated it into my design.



The bold strip on the left side of the sketch caught my eye, so I recreated it using a World Traveler pattern paper. I placed my pattern strip on the far left so that I could incorporate the road image from the Just Drive pattern into my design.

While the vertical piece behind the photos in the sketch wasn't placed behind my photos, I recreated it with filmstrips, tabs, and border trim.



I admired the bold frames around the photos in the sketch, so I created frame elements using bricks, filmstrips, and ephemera to ensure that the photos remained the focal point.

The sketch featured numerous tags, tabs, and circular pieces, which I also included in my layout.
Although my circular elements may not be as prominent as in the sketch, I added a wheel, circular florals, buttons, and other circular shapes to enhance my design.


These items from the laser cut embellishment pack also did a great job of telling the the story of a teen driver.  The addition of florals and Offbeat Trim from the Essentials kit brought a little femininity to the page. 

Like the sketch, I placed my title at the top. The Yikes cardstock cut is from the NJFB Halloween collection, but I felt like it was the perfect title for my page.  If you have ever taught a teen how to drive, you know that "Yikes" is an understatement. 



For my subtitle I used the new "I Can't Even" acrylic title.  This comes in a few different colors and it's great for those teen pages.   If you would like to learn more ways that I altered this month's sketch, you can view today's YouTube video

I hope that today's project inspired you. Don't forget to share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #offbeat (or whatever kit you are using) and on our Facebook group {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community. I can't wait to see what you create!






















Comments

Popular Posts