{Furry Crew} Using the Powerhouse Limitless Kit

Hello, crafting friends! It's Miss Carrie and I'm here with an exciting project idea. This rugged scrapbooking design was created with the versatile Powerhouse Limitless kit. This new kit is packed full of fantastic elements that are ideal for masculine scrapbook pages.



I was inspired by the monthly challenge sketch in the {Not} Just for Boys facebook community.   Each month, you can download the free sketch and use it for an upcoming project.  You can also join the challenge and share your creation with others in the group. 

In the sketch, there is a large circle in the background, layers of gear shapes, four photos, some tags, a title, and labels.  All of the elements were perfect for the story of our pup "helping" our son fix his truck. 


For the title, I combined leftover puffy phrases from the Better Days thickers pack with gold alphas in the Powerhouse kit. The pieces were laid over stenciled images designed to add texture to the page. 

I used quite a few tags, labels, and pockets from the Mr. Fit It paper elements collection.  One of the pockets sits behind my main photo making it the perfect place for a hidden journal card.  

To bring in some color and match the rust on the printed paper, I added acrylic tags and hearts from the shop.  The new Plaid Hearts and Star collection is a perfect complement to this kit. 

Thick embroidery stitching was added to ground my pieces and add more texture to the design. I also included little puffy phrases and arrows to help tell my story. Theses items were all available in the A La Carte shop when I created this page. 


One of my favorite elements is the collection of gears that comes with the Powerhouse kit.  To make these appear realistic, I added layers of paint and embossing powder.  If you would like to learn how this is done, I share all my secrets in today's YouTube video

I hope that today's project inspired you. Don't forget to share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #powerhouse (or whatever kit you are using) and on our Facebook group {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community. I can't wait to see what you create!



Comments

Popular Posts