{This Boy} Using the "November Rain" Limitless Kit

 Hi scrappy friends! Lacey here with my first layout of the month using the "November Rain" Limitless Kit. I decided to start this one with a solid white cardstock and lots of mixed media! I had the urge to get messy and this is where I ended up. 


I began by sketching out some circles with a pencil and some circle templates. You can use just about anything to make circles, thing about found objects like bowls and plates in your kitchen. There is so many sizes when you think about it! 


Once I had my circles I started with some "Distress Oxide Inks" and the stencil from the kit to begin building my layers. I added several spots of ink with a blending brush and even used some washi tape to tape off parts I didn't want to ink.


Next I used some stamps from my stash with Black, Archival ink and added several layers of stamping in different stamps to create depth and texture. After that part was done I began to use the Distress Oxide Inks as a watercolor to add more color inside my circles. I also sprayed my paper with mist of water to allow the colors to run and bleed.


Lastly I cut my photo into a circle and added a few circles of pattered paper and distressed the edges of them before popping them up on foam tape so they would pop. I used a few more patterned paper strips to ground my photo and cut some of the ends like banner strips. 


The alphabet stickers in the kit were perfect to create a cut title rounding the image. Using a white cardstock background and ink colors I was able to use minimal paper but still make a big impact! That leaves lots of pretty patterned paper for my next two layouts! 

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you in some way to get messy and used those products! Please follow along on our Facebook page and share your projects using the following hashtags: #njfb #notjustforboyskitclub #novemberrain (or whatever kit you are using!) Till next time, happy scrapping y’all!  









Comments

Popular Posts