{Autumn Leaves} Using the November Rain Limitless Kit

Hello, crafting friends! Miss Carrie here, and I'm excited to share my latest creation with you. I've put together a fun fall layout using components from the November Rain Limitless kit and I love how it turned out. 


This page records a memory from over twenty years ago.  The recollection of two of our boys playing in the fall leaves needed to be recorded and the components in the November Rain kit matched the photo perfectly. 

The project is such a simple design using the Fall Wreath cardstock cut, some fussy-cut florals, die-cut leaves, and journalling bits.  


This month's challenge in the {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community is to try something new, so I've shared a unique way to incorporate cardstock cuts into your designs.  Often I back the cut file or use it in its entirety, but for this project, I decided to cut it in two. 

Initially, I was frightened of making an error, but once I placed the two pieces on the page, I realized that it was a fantastic idea.


The Fall Wreath cardstock cut has some wonderful little fall icons that would look great backed with patterns from the kit.  Instead of backing these with pattern paper, I chose to layer elements over the top of the wreath. 

From the Simple Stories 3x4 cards, I cut florals and pumpkins that would give it a fall feel.  Throughout the page, I added small clusters of leaves I cut from the Little Adventure paper using dies from my collection. 



If you are not a fan of fussy cutting, the November Rain Essentials kit has some wonderful florals and leaves in the embellishment pack. These would be a terrific alternative to the items I used on this page. 

To finish off the design, I brought in some of the Journaling Ephemera.  I placed a few phrases and tags near the photo and a banner at the top. The colors and patterns were a great match to my photo. 


This page came together rather quickly and I love how it turned out. If you would like to see how I used elements in the kit with the cardstock cut, I have a short tutorial on my YouTube channel. 

I hope that today's project inspired you to join the November challenge and gave you a few ideas for using this new collection. Please share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #novemberrain (or whatever kit you are using) and on our Facebook group {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community. I can't wait to see what you create!


Comments

Popular Posts