{Sun Kissed Sunny Days} Using the Sizzling Summer Page Kit

 Hi scrappy friends! It's Lacey back again with my last page using the Sizzling Summer Page Kit! This layout was a fun one to piece together. I knew I had a ton of stickers left on the sticker sheet from the "Sizzling Summer Essentials" kit so I wanted to use those in my design. I pulled a piece of woodgrain paper from my stash for the background and started layering away. 

I used a large square piece of the red patterned paper to ground everything. After tearing the Botton and distressing the edges I decided to add some stamping to the background before I glued everything in place. This created lots of texture to my page and gave a bit more of a grunge feel to it. 


I wanted to use the acrylic title piece but I also loved the "Lazy Days of Summer" Cardstock cut, so I decided to alter my cardstock cut to just use the Summer word. This worked perfectly to add a larger element to the bottom portion of my page. I used some Distress Oxide ink in "Prize Ribbon" to create an ombre effect to the cardstock title. After that I used some black ink to add some distress stamping to it as well. Then added it using foam adhesive to give it more dimension.


I embellished with lots of stickers and also a sprinkle of sequins from the "Sizzling Summer" Sequin Mix. After all was completed I felt like I needed something else so I decided to add the distressed edge to the right side of the page. I loved that yellow paper so I added it along the side! I used up just about all of this kit I possibly could and I love the pages it created! 


Thank you for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you to create in some way! Please follow along on our {Not} Just For Boys Kit Club Community Facebook group and be sure to tag us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #njfb #notjustforboyskitclub #sizzlingsummer (or whatever kit you are using!) Till next time, happy scrapping y’all!








 

Comments

Popular Posts