{It's a Jeep Thing} Using the “Journey” Limitless Kit

 


Hello everyone! Jessica here, back with another layout today using the “Journey” Limitless Kit to document a photo of my new(to me) Jeep Wrangler. I call it Mommy’s Fun Car! My husband and I used to have a Jeep before we had kids and we both missed it so decided it was time to purchase another one. I still have my bus- Chevy Suburban for the long rides and to haul stuff but, mamma needed a fun car! So what better way to document this memory than with the Journey kit!


I actually started this one with a scraplift over at Paper Issues Facebook group. I loved Kim’s original circular layout and decided it would be perfect for this. I pulled out the woodgrain patterned paper to use as my main background, then I grabbed my circle cutter, cutting mat, and the background paper that looks like trees. I cut a 9 inch circle(or was it 10, I can’t remember!) and distressed the edges. I also grabbed my cutting blade and trimmed around the trees on one of the layers so I could tuck my photo into it. I then used my ATG gun to secure the circle to my woodgrain paper. I backed my photo with some textured black cardstock from my stash and then backed again with a scrap of the striped paper from this kit, distressing those edges with my edge distresser as well.


I decided to pop my title down at this point and pulled some Bella Blvd Aria Alphas for this. I didn’t have any “g” letters left so I made one from a q and a question mark using my cutting knife to trim the pieces. I grabbed a few embellishments I made from the square cut-apart paper from the last layout I made with this kit and decided to use those on this layout. I cut a few more and add those on as well. It was at this point that I really struggled and wasn’t sure which direction to go.


I let this layout sit for an entire week(yes, A WEEK!) and came back to it. I love when I walk away for a bit and I come back with fresh ideas. I decided instantly to add more to my title, creating a subtitle effect to make it say “4-Wheelin’”. Again, I did not have any dashes in those blue Simple Stories Alphas, so I made one with my cutting knife and the letter Z that, lets face it, I will never use all of. I decided to just go with my motto which is: Just add more. I fussy cut some things off the one paper from this kit to use as die cut embellishments, then I added some of the word phrases from the ephemera pack.


I added these sweet little trees and some charms from a past kit, which I was happy to finally use up! I also added the little compass sticker up top from a previous kit and the little gears, which I glued down with Nuvo Glue from the shop. I pulled some flair to add on from Scrappin’ Happy Studio which went just perfectly on this layout and then I added a ton of sequins from various past kits! There is a sequin mix for this kit but somehow I missed getting it! Shocker, I know!


I finished it off by adding some white splatters with some Dylusions White Linen Paint, watered down and flicking on with my paintbrush.

I have a process video on my YouTube if you'd like to watch:



Feel free to share your projects with this kit on our {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community Facebook group or Instagram using the #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #journey(or whatever kit you are using) tags! 

Thank you for joining me today and I hope I have inspired you to create something beautiful!

Jessica 

 









 




Comments

Popular Posts