{Family Adventure} Using the Aurora Limitless Kit

 Hello, creative friends!  Today, I am sharing a layout that I created for the monthly stamping challenge using items from the Aurora Limitless kit, an essentials kit, and a few bits and pieces from the al la carte shop. 


The layout features a memory of our son and his younger cousin enjoying a stormy day, so I chose to bring in purple, blue, and yellow components to complement the colors in the photo.  I selected a woodgrain background to give it a more masculine feel and layered the photo atop bits of ephemera to help it stand out. 

I brought in more of the purple with Misty Mauve crackle paste.  This is my first time using crackle paste on a project and I am absolutely addicted.    


The crackly design was created with the retro diamond stencil. This is an item in the Brilliance kit and it's a great basic stencil to have in your collection. 

In the {Not} Just for Boys Facebook group, we were challenged to use stamps on our projects this month.  One of the simplest ways to use stamps on a project is by adding them to the title.  


I stamped the word adventure onto a piece of ephemera and layered it with additional sentiments.  I like how the printed twine made this look like the sentiment was part of the collection. 

A subtle way to use stamps is as a background element.  On my cardstock cut, I randomly stamped a few phrases from the Debut stamp set to create a simple background. 


I applied a tone-on-tone stamping technique with pumice stone ink onto a printed pattern paper from the kit, then added some spatters to make it look like it was part of the pattern paper.   If you are interested, I have a process video for this page which you can view on my YouTube channel

I hope that today's project inspired you and gave you a few ideas for using this new collection. Please share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #aurora (or whatever kit you are using) and on our Facebook group {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community.  I can't wait to see what you create! 






Comments

Popular Posts