{Easter Fun} Using the “Aurora” Limitless Kit

 


Hello everyone! Jessica here, sharing a layout using the “Aurora” Limitless kit and Essentials kit to document some Easter photos from 2021(wow it’s been that long already, I need to catch up!). Did you ever have a kit that you just absolutely fell in love with and had to have and then once you start playing with it you’re on the struggle bus? That was me with this layout. I fumbled and fiddled with this layout for about a week straight, which is not like me. I am one to finish a layout in a couple hours tops from start to finish with minimal fumbling. This one had me stumped as soon as I pulled out the papers. I absolutely love the colors but it is a bit pastel for my taste so I had a hard time with it. I figured out it’s mainly the papers I’m struggling with as they are more neutral than I typically scrap but that’s what makes it fun, I like a good challenge!



I started my layout by cutting out some Easter eggs and an outline for them on my Cricut out of some of the patterned papers from the kit and white cardstock for the outline. I distressed the edges of those and cut more Easter eggs from vellum to lay on top. The white woodgrain eggs I actually used the bunny stencil from the Easter kit and the dusty concord distress ink on. I layered up my eggs with the outline, patterned paper, and then the vellum and machine stitched down the middles of all of them so I could fold up the vellum for a cool effect.


Next, I used the twine my kits were wrapped in to string the eggs across my page, attaching the twine down with Nuvo glue and my eggs down with my tape runner. I fluffed up that vellum so you could see the patterns beneath it and added some embellishments from the kits and from my stash. I pulled out the white easter bunny acrylic piece and adhered him to the middle of my “clothesline” with Nuvo glue.


I layered my photos with smooth white cardstock and then some of the patterned papers form the eggs. I then had a rest with this layout as I was really struggling at this point. It happens. I’ll be honest, I was having a creative meltdown. I stewed on it over a couple days. Then a couple more. Finally I came back to it and it all came together perfectly. I decided to layer around my photo with some of the embellishments from the kit and just add a bunch of things to it, including some elements at the top right since it was looking a bit naked up there. Nobody wants that. Once I added all of those goodies I was feeling a lot better about it but not quite finished yet. I added sequins to finish it off of course! 


I do have a process video on my YouTube Channel if you are interested in listening to me babble about being on the struggle bus with this one LOL!



Feel free to share your projects with this kit on our {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community Facebook group or Instagram using the #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #aurora(or whatever kit you are using) tags! 

Thank you for joining me today and I hope I have inspired you to create something beautiful!

Jessica 




 


 



Comments

Popular Posts