{On Repeat} Using the Graffiti Art Kit

Hello, crafty friends!  Miss. Carrie here, with a scrapbook layout filled with texture, paint, florals, and fun.  This page was created using elements from the Graffiti Art page kit and a few additional items from previous kits that I had in my collection. 


There are some awesome brick, typeset, and grid patterns in the Graffiti Art collection which were the perfect backdrop for this photo.  One of the more challenging tasks I faced, was finding a way to balance those patterns on this page and keep the photo as the primary focus. 

I started by separating the patterns with bits of black and white that lead to the photo. These also give the eye a place to rest within the patterns.  As I was tearing and rolling the papers, I added an additional tear at the top in the shape of an arrow that points toward the photo. 

I also matted the photo in black cardstock and layered it onto two vertical filmstrip pieces.   Using vertical elements within the horizontal patterns creates a structural element that stands out on the page. 

Around the photo, I added some chipboard frames, florals, and die cuts.  Most of these were elements from the Extraordinary Kit and a few others that I had in my collection. 


Adding the florals and bits of blue, gave this page a feminine feel and softened the harsher lines of the bold patterns.  These elements also fit the theme of the page and matched the headphone cardstock cut I wanted to add.

I cut this headphone border into two pieces and laid it across the base of the page creating an arow-like feel that points to where the photo sits.  This also created a large white break in the pattern and a grounding point on the page. 


I added florals to the headphones that I splattered with black paint and blue lagoon shimmers.  The bits of paint are also splattered throughout the page with some bleu and green sequins. If you are interested, I have a process video for this page which you can view on my YouTube channel

I hope that today's project inspired you and gave you a few ideas for using this new collection. Please share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #graffitiart  (or whatever kit you are using) and on our Facebook group {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community.  I can't wait to see what you create! 





Comments

Popular Posts