{Love this life} Using the “Keepin’ Cozy” Page Kit

 


Hello everyone! Jessica here, sharing another layout using the “Keepin’ Cozy” page kit and this layout is about just that, keepin’ cozy! We were out snowmobiling and it was SO COLD! We were both bundled up pretty good and luckily the sleds have heated hand grips because boy did we need them that day! This kit was just perfect to document all my snowy memories from last winter!


I started this layout by pulling out the solid gray cardstock and trimming it down to 11.5"x11.5" to add the solid white cardstock behind it. Then I machine stitched around the border. I then grabbed the Nuvo "White Russian" Crackle Mousse from the add-on kit and a stencil by Peartree Cutfiles that had snowflakes. The stencil was actually meant to go diagonally across the page but I kept it across the top of my page instead by using a spatula to apply smoothly. It dries in a nice crackle finish in a matter of minutes and it didn’t warp my paper at all. I then added some stamping with a stamp set from my stash and splatters with white acrylic paint and some Mica Mist.


I thought this layout would be perfect for the winter hat cardstock cut so I backed it with papers from the kit and the dark polka dot one was from a scrap of Simple Storied Boho Baby collection I actually had laying on my desk from the last layout I did, funny how those things work out perfectly sometimes! After my file was backed, I went to work on my photos. I had a fairly large photo at 3.5”x5” and a smaller one that was 3”x2” and they just weren’t working out with this layout vibe so I decided to cut them down into circles which worked out much better! I used some Echo Park stitched circle nesting dies and my manual die cutting machine to do so, then adhered them to my page.


I pulled out some of the embellishments from the kit as well as some others from the shop such as Pinkfresh Studio and Vicki Boutin stickers. I've also used the floss that this kit was wrapped in to tie around the top of my hat paper cutfile. I added my title using one of those Vicki Boutin stickers and letters from the kit. Then I simply finished it off by adding my journaling and adhering some of the acrylic snowflakes with glue dots!



I have a process video on my YouTube channel if you'd like to watch exactly how this came together!




Feel free to share your projects with this kit on our {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community Facebook group or Instagram using the #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #keepincozy (or whatever kit you are using) tags! 

Thank you for joining me today and I hope I have inspired you to create something beautiful!

Jessica









Comments

Popular Posts