{Aim True} Using the "Brilliance" Limitless Kit

Hello, crafty friends.  Miss. Carrie here with another project for you using one of the fantastic September kits from {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club.  Today, I am going to share a page I created of our son on the archery range using a variety of items from the Brilliance Limitless Kit


When this kit arrived, I was inspired by the lakeside paper and wanted to use it to record some memories of our son.  The pattern has a nice masculine feel that can be used with many of your outdoor photos. 

I chose a vertical design for my page with some torn patterns around the photos and tags tucked on the sides.  My original plan was to use some of my alpha stickers here, but I could not achieve the balance I was looking for, so I scanned the cut files for an alternative. 


I am so glad I did because those tags in the Debut cut file worked out much better than I planned. These were cut from mixed media paper and stained with Distress Oxide ink.  I added some texture with some grit paste, Nuvo dots, and the retro diamond stencil. 

In addition to the cut file tags, I added a few of the tags from the ephemera kit.  These gave the page a nice bit of color amongst the neutral pieces. 


The ephemera pack also contained a collection of reels which reminded me of the cams on a bow. I felt like these were the perfect addition and helped to soften all the harsh edges of the tags. 

To bring in some more circular elements, I added some of the phrase circles and arrows from the ephemera kit and began working on the title. 

The triangular piece at the top was cut from one of the envelope die cuts in the ephemera pack.  Behind it, I tucked my journaling card with a tab and created a title from stickers. If you would like to see how this page came together, I have a process video on my youtube channel. 


I hope that today's project inspired you and gave you a few ideas for using this new collection. Please share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #brilliance (or whatever kit you are using) and on our Facebook group {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community.  I can't wait to see what you create! 



Comments

Popular Posts