{Kicking Off Summer at the Omni Resort} Using the “Soak up the Sun” Page Kit



Happy Saturday, friends! Welcome back to the {Not} Just For Boys Kit Club Blog! Today, I’m sharing a layout using the gorgeous new “Soak up the Sun” page kit by Meridy Twilling. There are so many fun embellishments in this kit, but my favorite element is the starburst stencil paper!

I used distress oxide ink to sponge ink into the negative space onto white card stock and this technique worked great! I love the peachy pink background that I created. I adhered the new background onto aqua card stock and created my layout from there. 


The striped paper is my favorite pattern paper in the kit and I used a long strip of it behind my photo and embellishments. I tucked a cut-apart journaling card behind my photo, as well. I added enamel dots, sequins, and gold mist on top of my layout. 


I tucked a pineapple tag towards the top of my layout and tied a bow with crochet thread to represent my favorite drink (Malibu and pineapple!) that I enjoyed on our vacation. The chipboard pieces were fun to add on my page, too. 

I hope you enjoyed my layout and thanks for stopping by! Make sure to post anything that you create with our kits to our Facebook group: {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community and on Instagram with the following hashtags: #njfb #notjustforboyskitclub #soakupthesun (or whatever kit you are working with)!

-Erin 

Comments

Popular Posts