{HOP HOP EGG} using the "Hippity Hoppity" page kit

Hello! Jennifer here sharing my second layout of month. This time using the {Hippity Hoppity} Page Kit. I knew when I saw this kit I had the perfect photos for it. I created this double 8 1/2x11 layout of my great niece and nephew on Easter last year. 


I started with that amazing bunny egg cutfile designed by Meridy Twilling. I did like she did in the YouTube video and inked the eggs with oxide inks. I didn't have the exact ink color so after inking them I painted them with Shimmerz paints in lighter colors. They shimmer in real life and match perfectly. I added splatters in matching colors to take some of the white space away. I love color on my layouts.
 

I backed each egg with a pattern paper. I matted the background on the floral paper and the solid pink. I didn't have extra papers but by gutting the papers I was able to mat both sides like this to make them  coordinate, something I like my double pages to do. I used the cut aparts to mat my photo and add sayings. I fussy cut the bunny, added finishing touches, and the right side was complete.
 

Moving to the left side I used the large gutted reverse side of the floral border to place the three photos on. 


I added in the white doilies, matted the photos in white and used the cut aparts to embellish. I fussy cut the eggs, a basket, and a bunny. All edges are distressed too. 


I used thickers from my stash to add each child's name, the year and larger title of Hop Hop Egg. Xavier who was just a year old kept saying this over and over. He loved the plastic eggs.


Feel free to follow me on Instagram, I am ScrappinCain over there and post layouts daily. Please share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #HippityHoppitypagekit (or whichever kit you are working with) and on our FaceBook group {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community

Comments

Popular Posts