{Halloween Cards} using the "Spooky Nights" Deluxe Theme Kit

Hello fellow crafters!  This is my first blog post for {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club and I'm so excited!  I'm starting with the "Spooky Nights" Deluxe Theme Kit and you will be able to get it just in time to make some super simple and cute cards to send out to your friends.  


My first card features this cute "BOO TO YOU" paper from Crate Paper and the spooky eyes paper from Carta Bella.  I traced around the "BOO TO YOU" paper and stuck them both down on a light orange card.  Then I adhered my orange lace, black button, and twine from my kit.  To make the shaker, I cut a square within a square and taped a piece of plastic sheet protector to the back.  I then popped it up with foam stickies.  I had to do this shaker box because the "CANDY CORN" sequins add on was just calling out to be in one, so I poured a small pile where I wanted my shaker to go and then stuck down the orange square.  I outlined the square, because I thought it looked a little plain and added the "Happy Halloween" sentiment from the sticker sheet in my kit.


For this next card I used the moon and stars paper from Crate Paper and the little bats paper from Carta Bella.  I outlined both with black marker.  I stuck down the bat paper first to a black card.  I then added some black crape paper to the top of the moon and stars paper and placed that just below the bat paper.  I then stuck down a little twine bow and "BOO!" from my kit.  Using the "CANDY CORN" sequins addon again, I used some of the super, shiny orange sequins to finish this card.


For my final card I used yellow and orange oxide inks from my stash to make the ombre effect. Then I added some water sprinkles and painted with my wet watercolor brush to add some cool distressing.  I then used my Ebony Black Nuvo Drops and some black sequins from the "COURAGEOUS" sequins (both add ons).  To finish this card I outlined in black, making sure to write "BOO" and "OCT 31" on the edge.


Well I hope you enjoyed reading my first blog post and I hope that it inspires you to make a card and send to a friend or make a layout based off these designs.  If you are interested in the "Spooky Nights" Deluxe Theme Kit, please check it out here: "Spooky Nights" Deluxe Theme Kit.

Please post anything you create with any of the kits to the {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community Facebook group so we can admire your work too! Also if you post on Instagram please tag us with any of the following: #notjustforboyskitclub #NJFB #spookynights (or other kit name) and @notjustforboyskitclub
 

Comments

Popular Posts