{Ready Set Go ten} using "Pirate’s Booty" Deluxe Theme Kit
Hello!!! Jennifer here, sharing a double page layout for June using the "Pirate’s Booty" Deluxe Theme Kit. This is a double 8 1/2x11 layout design.
This started as a single layout. Showing how you can use a theme kit and make another kind of layout with items not related to the theme. These kits are packed with so many embellishments and extras. I actually made the second page first. I used alot of the sticker sheet words and brads.
For the title I used a wood veneer piece that was left over from a past kit. If you didn't have that piece you could use sticker letters from the kit. I wanted to show how you can mix and match current and past kits if you have extras left over. I tend to use up the paper but usually have goodies left over. On this side of the layout I didn't use anything pirate related. It just looks birthday themed.
The blue layout, I made more pirate themed and birthday so it matches the other layout but they are not the typical double page. They can stand alone. I stitched on the layout to add texture. I love the way stitching looks, it is time consuming but the end result is worth it. This is actually my first chain stitch on a layout.
At the top of the photo mat I added in a stitched candle to add to the birthday theme. I cut it from patterned paper and added matching thread. At the bottom I added a fussy cut pirate and trim from the kit packaging. I also used a “Happy Birthday” sticker and a few more brads.
Feel free to follow me on Instagram, I am ScrappinCain over there and post layouts daily. Please share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram #notjustforboyskitclub and on our FaceBook group.






Comments
Post a Comment