{Together} Using the Intellectual Limitless Kit

Hello, crafting friends! It's Miss Carrie and I am so excited to share another scrapbook page with you all. This week, I am have a lovely fall layout that I created with the Intellectual Limitless Kit and I can't wait to show you how it came together. 


This new collection has a wonderful variety of colors and patterns, and I love the mix of basics with deep green, orange, and yellow. The prints in this collection are so bold and I often have trouble incorporating these types of patterns into my projects. 

I've learned that cutting larger patterns into smaller sections gives me the ability to use the prints without feeling overwhelmed. I started by selecting which colors I wanted to add to my layout, then I cut apart the hexagon background and placed the pieces across the Tranquility Foundations print. To keep my background simple, I also added a few hexagons from the typeset print.




To make my photo the focus of the page, I added two wood frames from the Academia Die Cut Elements.  I also framed my page with that lovely floral pattern from Maggie Holmes.  Bold florals are perfect for page frames. 

I then added pieces from the Bo Bunny collection for my title. The photo was taken during their engagement, so I selected a soft vellum layer, a tag with a bit of gold, and a simple green tab to complement the photo. I brought more of those colors and shapes up above using elements from both collections.   



Not only do I cut apart bold patterns and use them as page frames, I enjoy cutting my floral pieces from bold patterns as well. Last month, I struggled to use the Go Fishing pattern in the kit because that yellow was so bright. 

Instead of tucking it away, I decided to use it for the Chrysanthemums on my page.  The subtle pattern gave the flowers some texture, and the golden yellow is the perfect fall color. 



I enhanced these with some inks, black paint, and white pen lines. If you would like to learn how these came together, I have a YouTube video that you might enjoy.

Don't forget to share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #intellectual (or whatever kit you are using) and on our Facebook group {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community. I can't wait to see what you create!




















Comments

Popular Posts