{Mountain Memories} Using the Nature Adventure Limitless Kit

Hello, crafting friends! It's Miss Carrie and I am so excited to share another scrapbook page with you all. This week, I am sharing a lovely layout that I created with the Nature Adventure Limitless Kit and I can't wait to share how it came together. 


This simple page design records a memory from many years ago. I was inspired to create this layout after finding an old photo in a box in the basement. The patterned papers from the Nature Adventure kit provided a beautiful backdrop, and the florals and phrases helped tell the story. 

I started by selecting prints and colors from the kit that complemented my photo. For the lower section of the page, I introduced a mixed media looking background and incorporated a green floral that created a striking contrast with the photo colors. Printed mixed media backgrounds are great to have on hand when I want to create the look without investing too much effort.


The stickers and chipboard elements were selected to enhance the design and help tell the story.  I placed florals, shapes and phrases around my photo and added a few pieces near the base of the page to ground the title. To give this page a rustic touch, I brought in a little twine to tie the elements together, and gave the page a subtle textured shine with glaze. 

Many glazes feature a glossy or metallic finish, suitable for certain projects. However, I wanted a more rustic appearance, so I blended in some paste. This not only toned down the glaze but also introduced a delightful sandy texture to enhance the title.


As I look at this project, I am reminded how important it is to preserve memories because "today only happens once." It's hard to believe that these kids are are now in their late 20s, and the place where the photo was taken is long gone due to a massive flood. In today's YouTube video, I share the story and how important it is to preserve our memories. This layout is so special to me, and I’m so glad I was able to recreate this memory for myself and my family.

I hope that today's project inspired you. Don't forget to share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #natureadventure (or whatever kit you are using) and on our Facebook group {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community. I can't wait to see what you create!


Comments

Popular Posts