{Cherished Memories} Using the Nature Adventure Limitless Kit

Hello, crafting friends! It's Miss Carrie and I am so excited to share another scrapbook page with you all. This week, I am have a simple layout that I created with the Nature Adventure Limitless Kit and I can't wait to show you how it came together. 



In my previous post, I shared a one-page layout using an older photo I found in a box in the basement. While I was sorting through more stuff, I found some additional photos of that day, so I needed a second page.

I often discover extra photos after I've completed a single-page layout, and I want to use them in the previous design. The hard part is creating a new page later and making it look like it belongs with the first one. 


In the {Not} Just for Boys Facebook group, Meridy posted this month's sketch challenge, which was the perfect design for my second page. I had three photos oriented in the same manner and background elements would allow me to bring in the patterns from the original page.

The biggest challenge in making a second page is making the two pages look like they belong together. The easiest way to start is by picking elements from the first page that you want to use on the new one.



I began choosing patterns, colors, and phrases from the Nature Adventure kit that were left over from the first project. Since I only used half sheets of pattern paper, I was able to incorporate the main pieces into my background.

Using the sketch as a guide, I cut down the pieces and layered them in the center of the page. Within those three patterns, I layered Ochre ephemera elements to bring the warm yellow to my page.



I selected similar colored phrases, and stickers that would match the original layout. Not only did I match the elements and colors, I also replicated the texture with twine and glaze.

Even though my original page already had a larger title, I wanted to add the word cherish above my journaling. This memory is one I will cherish. The place where the photo was taken is long gone due to a massive flood and I am humbled by how quickly things can change in such a short time.


I hope this project inspired you today.  If you would like to learn more ways to created a unified design across two pages, I have a YouTube video that you might enjoy.

Don't forget to share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #natureadventure (or whatever kit you are using) and on our Facebook group {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community. I can't wait to see what you create!






Comments

Popular Posts