{Summer} Using the Seaside Escape Limitless Kit

 Hi scrappy friends! I hope the weekend treated you well and you got some crafty time it! I was able yo create two layouts this weekend so that is a win in my book! This month we are using the "Seaside Escape" limitless Kit and add on kit. 


I used a sketch as a starting point for this one. Sometimes when I am in a creative funk a sketch is the way to go. It allows me the freedom to have a starting point but it can go anywhere I want to go! 

I knew right off by looking at all the beautiful patterned papers that I wanted to cut the word SUMMER out of the cut apart sheet and use it for a focal piece on a page. You can add on extra papers here!


I just love a good woodgrain background so I decided on that for my base. The stripe paper was calling to me but it was also the paper that the letters SUMMER were on. This forced me to get little creative when cutting the letters out but saving a 12 inch strip for my torn edge! 


I layered my torn papers and then builded some background layers for my photo to sit. I used a border sticker from the 12x12 sticker sheet on the left of my paper strip. 


I didn't add much mixed media to this page but I couldn't help myself from adding a touch of black with some tiny splatters and also a bit of doodling down the left side of this patterned paper strips. 

To embellish I kept it pretty simple as the star paper and the title are the focus of the page. I used more pieces from the cut apart sheet like that little camera. I also used the branding strip and the Summer Vibes label turning it into a banner to go across my photo. A great way to use those branding strips!


I used a tab punch and one of the word stickers from the "Seaside Escape" Essentials Kit at the top of my photo and a piece of the chipboard words on the right side. 

I had so much fun creating with this kit and can't wait to share my next page! If you haven't already grabbed your kit be sure to as this one will sell out quick! 

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you in some way! Please follow along on our Facebook page and share your projects using the following hashtags: #njfb #notjustforboyskitclub #seasideescapelimitlesskit (or whatever kit you are using!) Till next time, happy scrapping y'all!











Comments

Popular Posts