{Mighty Mountains} Using the Powerhouse Limitless Kit

Hello, crafting friends! It's Miss Carrie and I'm here with another scrapbook project for you to try. This two-page scrapbook design was created with the awesome Powerhouse Limitless kit. The elements in this kit are perfect for your outdoor page designs. 


I don’t normally create two-page spreads, but our daughter captured some incredible photos that I just had to display. These photos have been stored in the cloud for a few years, but when I saw the patterns and chipboard pieces in the Powerhouse kit, I knew it was the perfect moment to print them out and create a set of pages.

I started with the chipboard pieces. I wanted them to have a watercolor-like appearance to complement the foggy skies in the photos. Each piece was coated with gesso, then colored with distress watercolor pencils and blended to create a soft effect.



After the paints had dried, I added a touch of Scorched Timber for a distressed look. To enhance the trees and bear, I stamped some script images using a background stamp from my collection.

I used the same script stamp on top of the Mighty cardstock cut. After blending a touch of Scorched Timber over it, I stamped the design randomly over word. This technique helped me craft an eye-catching title that enhanced the layout without overpowering it.


I completed the phrase using the gold puffy letters from the Powerhouse kit. I also placed a few of these letters at the top of the page to spell out the word “Go” on my sign.

On the bottom of the second page, I combined more chipboard elements with an acrylic piece from the Tag Embellishment set. The longer wooden phrase was taken from the Lumberjack embellishment collection, which is currently on sale on the NJFB site. If you have some outdoor scrapbook pages to make, those embellishments complement the Powerhouse kit perfectly.


I finished off the page with some stitching and a few acrylic shapes, then added my journaling. I typed the story on vellum and laid it over another photo.  If you would like to see the process for this layout, I shared all my secrets in today's YouTube video

I hope that today's project inspired you. Don't forget to share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #powerhouse (or whatever kit you are using) and on our Facebook group {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community. I can't wait to see what you create!


Comments

Popular Posts