{Fearless} Using the Rugged Limitless Kit

Hello, crafting friends! It's Miss Carrie and I have an inspiring project for you using the Rugged Limitless KitToday's project is an adventurous teen scrapbook page with plenty of movement and bright colors. This month’s kit was the perfect match for my photos! 





This design was based on this month's {Not} Just for Boys sketch challengebut a few alterations were made to fit my specific needs. Even though my photos are vertical and horizontal, both managed to fit perfectly within the space, so I didn't have to make too many adjustments. 

Following the sketch, I placed my tags on the left side of the page and added a few circle shapes with film reels. To liven up my design, I decided to add some movement to the layout by arranging the tags in an off-kilter row.


The tags and reel shapes were cut using digital files from the website. The Debut digital file includes a variety of tags with icons and phrases. In Design Space, removed those images and used plain tags instead. To bring texture to my layout, I used a tire tread stencil, distress oxide inks, and flicks of black paint, which I felt matched the overall theme of the layout.

For added interest, I layered elements from both the Rugged Kit and Essentials Kit over the circle-shaped film reels. The charming go-cart, flag, and chippie pieces blended seamlessly with my page.




The chipboard pieces were painted to match her gloves. To give them a rugged look, I added a layer of cerulean blue, then dry brushed black paint over the top.  I love how they turned out! 

Using a larger vertical photo created a diagonal flow across my page with vertical moment. To ensure the flow of my page was preserved, I added a vertical title along the left side, which I cut from the Fearless cut file. To create the backing layer, I utilized the Contour tool in Design Space.


To finish the design, I brushed a black ink pad around the edges and added a few little puffy stars.  If you would like to see how I used elements in the Revitalize kit to create the layout, I have a short tutorial on my YouTube channel

I hope that today's project inspired you. Don't forget to share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #rugged (or whatever kit you are using) and on our Facebook group {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community. I can't wait to see what you create!


Comments

Popular Posts