{Love You Lovely} Using the November Rain Limitless Kit

Hello, crafting friends! Miss Carrie here, and I'm excited to share my latest creation with youI've put together a delightful design using components from the November Rain Limitless kit and I love how it turned out. 


The November Rain kit is packed with delightful textures and prints that bring to mind the autumn season, but it was the stencil courtesy of Paper Rose that caught my eye. I decided to create a layout with a distressed, edgy design. While the page doesn't record any fall memories, it captures the spirit of the girl.

This page is filled with textures. Torn papers, inked edges, paste, paint, thread, and twine give this a great edgy worn feel. On the woodgrain background, I started with a layer of black texture paste to add the industrial stenciling to the background. This created a bold design that perfectly framed my photos.
 

To create a unique background, I applied texture paste and then added Rock-a-fella Blue Spritz splatters on top. I wanted to incorporate a significant amount of nontraditional fall colors, and the blue splatters and black texture helped give this page less of a fall vibe.

Most of the Farmstead Harvest ephemera has autumnal hues such as oranges, reds, and blues. To steer clear of this seasonal feel, I decided to incorporate black elements with hints of orange and gold instead.
 

While orange may be a great contrast to blue, it is also a dynamic color that can quickly overpower a page. To avoid this, I used it minimally in the tag, pattern paper, and floral tags. The floral design and bits of gold, on the other hand, do a wonderful job of introducing a feminine touch to the page.

To ensure consistency with the page's other worn elements, I brushed espresso ink around the edges of the papers and embellishments. Adding brown or black ink, tearing the edges, and distressing a playful pattern, like this leaf design, can create a more grungy, aged appearance. This technique also works wonders for toning down the brightness of white and altering the crisp look of patterned paper.


Despite the NJFB's November Rain Kit's rugged and fall-oriented feel, it's still possible to find pieces that convey a non-fall memory. Don't feel limited to autumnal photos only. You can easily modify the elements in this kit with distressing, ink, and texture to fit any memory or personality. As demonstrated, selecting specific pieces that match your page's theme is a great way to get the most out of your kit.


I hope that today's project inspired you today. If you would like to see how I used elements in the kit with the cardstock cut, I have a short tutorial on my YouTube channelDon't forget to share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #novemberrain (or whatever kit you are using) and on our Facebook group {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community. I can't wait to see what you create!

Comments

Popular Posts