{Lazy Days} Using the Sunshiny Day Page Kit

Hello, crafting friends! Miss Carrie here, and I'm excited to share my latest creation with youI've put together a bright, playful scrapbook layout using some components from the "Sunshiny Day" page kit.  The items in this kit are perfect for your summertime photos. 


The moment I unboxed the kit, I was immediately drawn to the sunburst stencil and shimmerz paint for my background. The soft mint and bright yellow hues evoke a summertime vibe that I couldn't resist.  

After adding splashes of color with the shimmerz paint, I used fossilized amber ink to create two sets of sun rays that would frame my photo.  To add some texture to my sunburst, I pulled apart the twine in the kit and stitched additional sun rays onto the page. 



After completing the background, I laid the photo of our son-to-be next to a journal pocket from the Flower Market journaling bits collection.  I also selected a few die-cuts to layer onto the pocket.  I chose to keep the embellishment clusters simple with a few jugs of lemonade, sunglasses, and a radio.

Above the photo and journal pocket, I tucked in a few tags. While most items in this collection have a bright, retro summer feel, I aimed to add a touch of masculinity to the layout. To achieve this, I opted for tags in deeper hues such as mahogany, vintage print, and teal.
 

If you are wondering how to use tags, like the Retro Summer Tag Elements in this collection, think of using them as a background element to add depth to your design. On this layout, I placed them in a random half-hazard row to create a fun pattern. However, you could also frame a page with them, use them as a horizontal grounding element, or as frames for your photos.

To bring more of the mahogany color from the tags to my page, I created a bold title in the same color.  


The Lazy Days cardstock cut was shaded with Mahogany ink and layered onto the page with a few foam stickers in the Sunshiney Day essentials kit. The texture on this was created completely by accident. If you wish to see how I made that title and created the rest of the layout, I have a video tutorial for you on my YouTube channel.


I hope that today's project inspired you and gave you a few ideas for using this new collection. Please share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #sunshinyday (or whatever kit you are using) and on our Facebook group {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community. I can't wait to see what you create!

Comments

Popular Posts