{The Escape} Using the Burnished Limitless Kit

Hello, creative friends! Today, I am sharing another amazing page that I created with the Burnished Limitless Kit.  I just cannot get enough of this collection! 


When I started creating this page, I had grand plans to use the monthly challenge sketch.  I was inspired by the paper strips, circles, and the single photo in the center. 

My goal was to rotate the sketch, use a horizontal photo frame, and add the circles and paper strips on my page, but the whole project took on a life of its own. Here is what the challenge sketch looks like. 


The page I created does have quite a few circle elements.  I chose a few die cuts, chipboard pieces, and pattern papers to create each of the circular designs. 

The circle below the photo was altered a bit.  I didn't feel like the toolbox image fit my theme, so I layered another suitcase over the top.


I also used one of the circle pieces to frame my journaling.  This is a really simple way to use up some of the die cuts in your collection. 

Throughout the page, there are bits of chipboard from the Burnished Essentials kit.  Those little steampunk pieces have been so much fun to create with all month.  This time, I used Nuvo mist with a coat of copper embossing powder and I love how they turned out. 


The photos were taken while our family was enjoying an escape room adventure.  I snuck a few photos and was reprimanded over the loudspeaker, hence the violation sign at the top of the page. 

I did add a few additional items to my page from previous kits.  I always enjoy placing little phrases throughout my layouts, so I pulled out some from my Extraordinary Essentials kit and added them to the page. 


I built the title with the letter stickers in the kit, a phrase, and some thickers.  Next to the title I wanted another set of circles, but could not find a large enough one that would work, so I cut this piece out from one of the pattern papers. If you are interested, I have a process video for this page which you can view on my YouTube channel

I hope that today's project inspired you and gave you a few ideas for using this new collection. Please share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #burnished (or whatever kit you are using) and on our Facebook group {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community.  I can't wait to see what you create! 






Comments

Popular Posts