{You Rock} Using the Graffiti Art Page Kit

 Hello again! Lacey here to bring you another amazing mixed media filled layout using the "Graffiti Art" page kit! Our monthly challenge was mixed media this month, and I think I killed all three of my layouts with lots of mixed media in all kinds! 

I started this one on a white cardstock background. I didn't do any prepping to the page because I wasn't using lots of water on my page. I started by using the new Distress Oxide color in "Lost Shadow" which is available in the shop, to add color to my background. I drug the ink pad in horizontal swipes over the middle of my page in a back and forth motion until I achieved the amount of color that I liked. 


After that I used a blending brush and the stencil from the "Noteworthy Kit" to add more color and pattern. Once I achieved the look I wanted I used the Dina Wakley Black Acrylic paint and some lids to other mixed media products to make my "coffee rings" and a few splatters.


I began building my layers using several of the patterned papers and one of the film strips from the kit. I cut my stars out of patterned paper using some dies from my stash and stitched it all together before adhering it to my background. 


I added the "You Rock" acrylic title right on top of all those beautiful layers. I also added a few pieces of ephemera from the "Noteworthy" kit as well. To finish off my layout I added a big sprinkling of the sequin mix that comes in the page kit and my date stamp. I just love this bright, bold mix of patterns and color this kit provides! 


Thanks for popping in today. I hope I have inspired you to create in some way today! Please follow along on our {Not} Just For Boys Kit Club Community Facebook group and be sure to tag us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #njfb #notjustforboyskitclub #graffitiartpagekit (or whatever kit you are using!) Till next time, happy scrapping y’all!







Comments

Popular Posts