{Masculine Cards} Using the "Nostalgia" Limitless Kit

Hello, crafting friends.  Miss. Carrie here with a few valentine cards I made for my boys using components from the "Nostalgia" Limitless Kit.  The designs I am sharing today aren't typical holiday designs so you can create them for just about any occasion. 


Masculine card designs are often difficult to create especially when you have big bearded beasts like my three.  Each year, I send my boys a non-mushy valentine card that fits their personality, and the sentiments in the Nostalgia kit are ideal for this type of project. 

On the first card, I chose a green and blue palette and distressed the edges with ink to give it a masculine feel.  I layered ephemera from both die-cut packs to create a space to place a sentiment. 


The phrase on the card is a combination of letter stickers and die cuts layered onto a tag.  After adding the red letters, I added an additional red element to bring more color to the card and finished it off with ribbon and stitching. 

The second card is rather straightforward with a red and woodgrain background, some die cuts, and stickers.  I like the addition of blue and how it brings that masculine feel to the design. 


Again, I added a non-holiday sentiment to avoid the twenty-something eyeroll.  A spiral notecard in the serenity ephemera pack made a great backdrop for this phrase. 

The last card has more of a valentine feel with the love you phrase and polka dots.  I kept the color palette neutral and added some ink on the edges to bring in a masculine feel. 


Again, there are a lot of layers on this card.  I had quite a few items to choose from in the two epherera packs and enjoyed finding ways to put them together.  If you are interested, I have an instruction video for these three cards on my YouTube channel

I hope that today's project inspired you and gave you a few ideas for using this new collection. Please share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #nostalgia (or whatever kit you are using) and on our Facebook group {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community.  I can't wait to see what you create! 


Comments

Popular Posts