{Mask Mandates} Using the “Outdoor Adventures” Page Kit

 


Hello everyone! Jessica here, sharing another layout for this month featuring the “Outdoor Adventures” page kit! This kit has been one of my absolute favorites and it's still available on the website. I really thought I would kill this kit with just one more layout but I still have some left for another layout or two yet! As you can see, these kits really are "Not just for boys", as I am scrapping some photos of myself today. Stunner, I know! I feel like I rarely scrap pics of myself!

I started this layout by pulling out the scrap of blue checkered patterned paper from the kit that I had leftover from previous layouts. I tore up the edge and then grabbed a sheet of black cardstock from my stash to place behind it at the bottom. Looking at my photos, I have a golden colored leopard shirt on and I thought wow, wouldn’t it look awesome to do some gold mixed media on that black, I wonder if it will show up when it dries? Ya’ll. IT DID. I used the gold “Mine, Miner 49er” Shimmerz from the Christmas Cheer kit and added some water to the pot with a paint brush and just dabbed and brushed it across the page where the papers joined, kind of keeping a watercolor look to it. Then I simply added some splatters with the same color and brush by watering down the pot again and flicking splatters onto the page, focusing on that mixed media area and a little on the blue patterned paper above.


Next, I added my photos by backing with smooth white cardstock and then some scrap bits from the kit. I didn’t have anything in this kit as far as embellishments to match what my layout is about so I pulled out a kit from Creative Memories that has the goods I needed. My layout is about going back to work in the office a few days a week and being under a mask mandate yet again due to Covid-19. I pulled bits from that collection and added those to my layout and also added some epoxy flair from Scrappin’ Happy Studio.


To finish this one off, I tucked in bits of white thread behind some embellishments and added sequins from the kit and some Altenew enamel dots from the website. I just love that shimmery goodness against those dark colors!

Feel free to share your projects with this kit on our Facebook group or Instagram using the #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #outdooradventures (or whatever kit you are using) tags! 

Thank you for joining me today and I hope I have inspired you to create something beautiful!

Jessica


 




 


Comments

Popular Posts