{Christmas Magic} Using the Good Cheer Kit

 Hello, everyone! Miss. Carrie here with a holiday layout I created with the Good Cheer Kit.  This new kit is a special Black Friday release from Not Just for Boys Kit Club and it is filled with some fantastic items that you can use to record your Christmas memories. 

I chose a few items from the Good Cheer kit to record a memory of our two-year-old niece in awe of the ornaments on the Christmas tree.  The background for this page is a lovely pattern from 49 & Market that frames the photo so well.  

Behind the photo, I added layers of woodgrain paper and a few frames from the ephemera pack.  I cut the frames apart to make them appear much larger than they are. 


Next to the photo, I added some thicker stickers, some pine boughs cut with a die, and a beautiful Wooden Ornament.  To bring in some more gold to the design, I painted the dots on the ornament with Simmerz paint.  It's very subtle and I like how it looks. 

To match the wood grain behind the photo, I added a wooden frame to the right side of the page.  I backed it with a tree design from the ephemera pack and added some holly and snowflake thickers.


Throughout the layout, I brought in bits of pink to match her shirt.  I didn't want it to be the primary color of the layout, so I just added a few items here and there to bring that color to the page. 

For the title, I selected a golden thicker that says magical because this photo is such a magical memory that I didn't want to forget.  I added some holly and berries to the title and tucked a few little thread bundles underneath.  



To finish off the page, I added some splatters of Shimmerz paint and some journalling below the title.  If you would like to see how this came together, I have a process video for you to enjoy. 

I hope that today's project inspired you and gave you a few ideas for using this new collection. Please share your layouts and crafty projects with us on Instagram with the following hashtags: #notjustforboyskitclub #njfb #goodcheer (or whatever kit you are using) and on our Facebook group {Not} Just for Boys Kit Club Community.  I can't wait to see what you create! 


Comments

Popular Posts